Ashworth offers a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in a career with Ashworth and you don’t find a position that fits your talents in the open positions listed below, fax or e-mail your resumé with salary and education history to:
Ashworth Bros., Inc.
450 Armour Dale Winchester, VA
Ashworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Field Service Technician
ASHWORTH FACTORY SERVICE (AFS) offers a full range of engineering services and solutions for Lotension Spiral, Baking Band, and Self-Stacking conveyor belt systems, ranging from troubleshooting to a complete spiral system overhaul.
Our 24/7/365 on-call experts provide our customers peace of mind with decades of experience, quality workmanship, and comprehensive systems support.
AFS is affiliated with ASHWORTH BROS., INC., a leading manufacturer of conveyor belts to the food processing and other industries.
We want to attract and retain the best associates for our organization, recognizing our success depends on a partnership based on respect, involvement, development and growth for all our employees.
Join us for a long-term rewarding career.
As a Field Service Technician with Ashworth, you will be responsible for performing industrial machine repairs and/or mechanical maintenance at customer sites located in the South Central United States and across the country with intermittent international travel.
Candidates must have strong mechanical aptitude, be willing to extensively travel, and a minimum of years of experience working maintenance with processing machinery, preferably in the food processing industry.
Understanding industrial refrigeration is a real plus.
Other duties also include the ability to supervise up to 10 people, communicate effectively with coworkers and customers, and have exceptional listening skills.
Candidates must live near a major airport and be willing to travel 70%-90% of the time.
If you believe that you meet the requirements and are willing to take the next step in your career, please submit a resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Sales Technical Support Representative
Ashworth has an immediate opening for a Sales Technical Support Representative. The Sales Technical Support Representative will provide various levels of support for Ashworth customers on company products. Support provided is a problem solving approach with a blend of customer service, technical expertise and the understanding of the customer’s expectations.
Sales Technical Support Representative must have thorough knowledge of Ashworth products to provide strong technical support to customers with innovative ideas and resolutions to best fit the customer’s business needs.
Sales Technical Support Representative is considered a product expert and can independently combine strong technical skills relevant to the focus areas, advanced communication skills and strong knowledge of production processes to facilitate complex customer issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about products and services.
- Leads, diagnoses and troubleshoots customer concerns from incoming calls, providing customer with understanding of resolution options or recommended solutions.
- Assesses customer concerns or needs, including the review of complex technical issues, identifying in- house support resources, and tracking case information in compliance with departmental procedures.
- Communicates complex technical issues and customer cases to the Engineering team members and translating technical information, results and proposals/solutions back to customers at the level of technical complexity required for understanding.
- Maintains customer complaint database for review with the CSF (RMA) Committee by accurately and descriptively documenting concerns that may impact the business.
- Establishes, builds and improves customer relationships through the customer concern or inquiry process.
- Accurately process and record all call transactions using a computer and designated tracking software.
- Provide accurate and timely communication to customers on price quotes, order status, expedited order requests, and any issues with an order with alternative solutions.
- Analyzes customer contracts to include agreements and PO’s to ensure compliance with order specifications, payment terms, and other business requirements.
- Research delivery and/or invoicing issues or discrepancies.
- Request credit applications for new customers.
- Request samples and/or catalogs for customers and sales people as needed.
- Must be able to work extended hours during the work week as needed.
- Degree or Diploma in a technological field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 or more years previous work experience in a technical customer support role in a manufacturing or technical company and in high volume call center environment.
- Expert knowledge of computer technology to include Microsoft Office products, networking and operating systems.
- Ability to learn technical product knowledge in a made-to-order, high complexity production environment.
- Ability to interact well with people, build strong rapport, establish trust and credibility.
- Ability to continually develop relationships with customers and other departments within the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a continuously changing, fast-paced environment.
- Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights and ideas, of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities and motivations.
- Ability to organize ideas and communicate oral messages appropriate to listeners and situations.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong customer service orientation, interacting with both internal and external customers, person and on the phone.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions, developing and sustaining productive customer relations.
- Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles, and methods to reduce tension or conflict.
- Establishes or follows proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Exemplary attendance and punctuality.
Local candidates only. Interested candidates should email their resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer - Machine Design to be based in our Winchester, VA, facility. This position requires a person who is versed in many different facets of engineering in machinery design and maintenance. Responsible for the design, drawing, fabrication, commissioning, and operation of new equipment for Ashworth belting. Also, the design and repair of existing equipment.
- Design and coordinate the development of new and enhanced production machines.
- Research and analyze data such as design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Oversee the development of major production machine designs.
- Ensure that machine design knowledge is retained within the organization when workload dictates the use of outside suppliers.
- Supervise the assembly and commissioning of new machinery and machinery enhancements.
- Assist machine shop in troubleshooting design problems in current machinery.
- Be an active team member on the New Product Council.
- Work with associates on the floor in troubleshooting problems with production equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in equipment development and design.
- Strong communications skills - both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools, Six Sigma and SPC.
- Ability to analyze data and make logical conclusions.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD Inventor software.
- Ability to read and analyze drawings and blue prints.
- Previous machine shop experience is a plus.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Winchester, VA (Washington D.C. Metro)
Here's your opportunity to work for a leading global manufacturer of conveyor belts to food processing and other industries. ASHWORTH BROS., INC. strives to be the premier employer within our industry, and a leading employer within our community. We want to attract and retain the best employees for our organization, recognizing our success depends on a partnership based on respect, involvement, development and growth for all our employees. Join us for a long-term rewarding career.
Ashworth has an immediate opening for a dynamic and creative MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER. We invite you to apply for this amazing career opportunity. The following skills and experience are minimum requirements for the successful candidate.
Main duties and responsibilities are:
Oversee, manage, and collaborate with the marketing staff on all marketing and communications efforts.
Responsible for coordinating and delivering marketing projects that include; branding/corporate identity, advertising, media/press, tradeshows, product launch, presentations, mailings, website and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Oversee the design and development of sales/marketing kits to leverage sales resources.
Manage and oversee tradeshows, tradeshow logistics, installation and dismantling of booths on a global basis including budgeting, registration, display, logistics, and materials design.
Manage all literature development.
Must create, collaborate, and review technical writing for all product literature and press releases.
Be the company product marketing expert for all U.S. and international marketing channels.
Be responsible for planning, assisting and execution of the customer/channel marketing and commercialization plans for the company’s product lines.
Interact with field sales personnel and customers to gain knowledge of customer’s needs.
Recommend modifications to products, packaging, production processes, or other characteristics to improve the environmental soundness or sustainability of products.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree (BNBS) in Marketing & Communication.
Minimum of 10 years’ experience managing a corporate marketing team in the promotion of made to order engineered products and product support services.
Working knowledge of graphic and media software including Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and lnDesign), and Drupal web software preferred.
Graphic Design and Journalism experience is a plus.
Interested candidates should email a detailed cover letter, resume, portfolio, salary history and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Inside Sales Account Manger
Inside Sales Account Manager is responsible for selling Ashworth corporate products and services to existing customers and finding new leads to increase the customer base. The job purpose is to generate revenue by soliciting and obtaining orders, understanding and interpreting technical requirements, providing technical information to customers, and developing their accounts.
The position will reach business targets through excellent telephone sales and communication skills. This individual will also develop his or her phone-based revenue generation through the creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers. Integrity, vision, and passion are essential for this role.
The position will provide various levels of support for Ashworth customers on company products, provides excellent customer service, technical expertise and understanding of the customer’s expectations. The individual is expected to provide technical assistance for conveyor belt selection, manage a secondary account base, prospect and qualify new customers and offer assistance to Marketing, Customer Service, Engineering and Finance.
Leads, diagnoses and troubleshoots customer concerns from incoming calls, providing customer with understanding of resolution options or recommended solutions.
Develops accounts by checking customers buying history; cold-call prospects that are generated by themselves, internet, trade magazines, trade show follow up or other external sources.
Uncover sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new accounts, building rapport, and providing technical information as required. Identify key contacts with purchasing authority and decision makers.
Research and penetrate all targeted accounts currently in designated sale region, generate interest and develop sales from within client base. Identify decision makers at accounts. Work to overcome objections/hesitations of current and prospective customers.
Create and deliver qualified opportunities for target sales region and assist Distric Account Managers as needed. Ensure follow-up by passing leads to District Account Managers with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc. as applicable to their sales region and account criteria.
Communicate complex technical issues and customer cases to the Engineering team members and translate technical information, results and proposals/solutions back to customers. Forward RFQ requests to Customer Service once specifications are confirmed.
Meet year-end sales quota goal through follow-up of large quotes, make outbound calls to customers in territory (A/B/C call frequency) and increase of customer base through lead generation.
Preform systematic bid/quote follow-up ($5k >) with customer and accurately process all call transactions using a computer and designated CRM tracking and case software. (Win/lose order). Negotiate price and delivery for competitive situations and when standard lead-time is not acceptable. Utilize CRM to track all pertinent information related to the opportunity and effectively manage sales responsibilities.
Support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, internet research for new markets, and other events. Report on competitor information as it relates to our products, selling prices and shift in sales.
Prepare and maintain monthly report on general business, lost projects, competitive information, open quotes, realized orders, and other requested reports, etc.
Work closely with the internal team members and external Sales and Service teams to insure high customer satisfaction. Provide support as required to internal team members and external Sales and Service teams.
The ideal candidate will have the following requirements:
Degree or Diploma in a technological field or an equivalent combination of education and technical sales experience in a manufacturing environment. Engineering background is a plus.
3 to 5 years’ experience in technical sales of made to order engineered products and product support services.
Must be proficient working with customer relationship management (CRM) software and MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.